I have a love/hate relationship with this whole motherhood thing. There are many things I miss about being child-free. Then I think about the silly little things that my children do and it puts a big smile on my face. So here are a few of my loves and misses (since I don't really like the word hate).
- Hugs and kisses
- Being looked at like I am the most beautiful, important person in the world
- First comment from daughter after having her baby brother, "Wow Mommy, you're really skinny."
- Reliving the excitement of life through my children
- The silly things my kids do and say that only I can manage to find adorable
- Alone time/my space
- Peace and quiet
- Reverting to immaturity when "debating" with my daughter
- The neverending questions
- Doing and saying all those things I swore I wouldn't do or say when I became a mother
- The second thing my daughter said to me after having her baby brother, " but your legs are still big". I won't even defend my swollen legs as I know other moms know what that is all about.
I have to say, I think the "loves" definitely outweigh everything else. Your turn. Link back or let me know if you post!
**Just to reitterate - I LOVE my children and wouldn't trade them for the world.