Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I've been slack lately. Just haven't been very inspired to write or anything. Well, that may not be true. I think I have too much going through my mind right now and can't seem to concentrate it down in a coherent way. Sometimes that makes it even more difficult for me. So, I'm determined to post at least once a week this month. While sitting here trying to think of anything worth doing tonight, I started to wonder, "what is it that I do for my enjoyment?" Most of my time is spent taking care of my kids and husband and when I'm not doing that, I'm working. So, these are the few things I do for myself, as trivial as they may be, my 5 guilty pleasures.
1. Chocolate Frosties - I love going out after the kids have been put to bed and getting a chocolate frosty from Wendy's. I'm not a big chocolate fan and definitely not a big ice cream fan, but there is something about getting one of these late at night, for myself, by myself that I really enjoy. Maybe it's the sneakiness of it, since I always finish it before I come home.
2. Driving in the car - This is the one thing that I think I enjoy more than any. Being in the car, by myself, with whatever music I want to listen to playing. No screaming kids, no husband asking where we are going, just a nice relaxing drive to no where. I'll drive to areas that I've never been to before, down back roads that I am unfamiliar with, hoping to find a new cool shop to explore or a nice neighborhood with beautiful architecture.
3. Facebook - Ok, I've been a little slack on the blogging, but I am definitely addicted to Facebook. I love seeing my old friends, how they've aged (or haven't), their kids or just to see that they are having a great life and are happy.
4. Blog watching - I may not update my blog often, but I love visiting other blogs. My favorite are the craft/art ones and photography ones, maybe because those are two things I enjoy doing. Normally, I'll go to one blog and the next thing you know I'll have 10 tabs open on my window from other links off the original blog.
5. Watching girlie movies - When I say girlie, I mean like "The Joy Luck Club" and "Gone With The Wind", two of my favorite movies. What's nice is that, of course, the hubby doesn't enjoy them, so I can normally watch those peacefully by myself.

Is this bad? I see a theme here of enjoying doing things by myself. Well, it's not that I don't love my family, I think I just miss a little of that quiet time that I used to have before life happened. I guess that's why they call it guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails