Friday, July 3, 2009

Holiday Weekend

Thank God for long holiday weekends. The last couple of weeks have been a little more stressful than usually between work and home. Work is picking up, so I've really had to be on my A game and make sure to follow up. Some days are more stressful than others and you can feel tension around the office at times, but it seems that everyone does their best to handle the stress. I knew when I took the job that coming into Summer, things would get busy, so it's not unexpected. It's a good thing - job security. On top of work picking up, the hubby has been out of town quite a bit, so I've had to manage the kids by myself. I have a new found respect for single mothers that can mange to do it without jumping off a bridge. I've just tried to keep the kids as busy as possible so that when we got home, they could go straight to bed.
Tonight we're going to go see the fireworks. In my town, they do Fourth of July celebrations on the Third so that the North Carolina Symphony can perform. Fun and festivities start at 5 and end at 9:30 with the fireworks. The weather has been pretty nice today, not too hot and low humidity, so at least we won't be sweating like pigs. I'm thinking the kids are incredibly bored, so we're getting out of here.

UPDATE: Never again will we actually park on the park grounds itself. It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to go 1 mile. Still, it was a nice night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails