Monday, January 17, 2011

Doing the Right Thing

I feel like I'm finally getting back on track - the creativity is beginning to flow again, my home and life is becoming more organized and just in general, things are going right. This year has already started with me learning a few lessons:
1. Never make assumptions about who you think a person is or how they are going to react to something.
2. If your boss tells you, over the course of two year, over and over again that if you need help or feel overwhelmed to let her know and she will hire someone else to help - she's being sincere and you should take her at her word. You are not a lousy employee for asking for help
3. People have a kind heart, even the tough ones.
4. You have more friends than you think you do and you're a better mom than you think you are.
5. It's good to be open and not hold things inside, but as I say in my journal, some things are better left unsaid.

I've been wrestling with my heart and mind on #5. I won't even try to skirt around what I mean or speak in innuendos or secret codes - I just won't even get into it. Instead of burning it (as I did for new years), I wrote down everything I wanted to say and was totally and completely honest with what I wrote. Then I sealed it up and put it in my journal for what I'm sure will be a good laugh 20-30 years from now.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this!!!!

Sharon DiGiulio said...

Bahahaha! That is fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails